It seems like we all suffer from strange / weird problems. Today, I was speaking with someone who shared his problem with me: he remained calm and unperturbed in stressful situations. While the rest of the team scurried in the face of an impending audit at his office, he remained calm and unfrazzled. The problem? The head of the office found his behavior strange – it seemed he wasn’t as engaged as the others. This is not the first time I had heard of this – my husband suffers from the same cool cucumber syndrome.
Other strange problems I’ve spotted include:
- finding it easy to yes, but hard to say no
- being harder on yourself, but more understanding of others
- easily advocating for others, but not being able to advocate for yourself
- knowing how other feels, but being clueless about what you feel
- being able to see a situation from so many perspectives, that your own is just one of them, instead of being the most important perspective
What are some strange problems that you grapple with? Would love to hear in the comments.
Did you enjoy this post? Follow the blog to come along my journey of learning to live better.